9/4/10

Week 10 - Day 3 ~ how will i get my belly home?


how do i feel:


im starting to feel less tired as the weeks move on.  i may be over the hump :)  i have cut my naps out...and force myself to stay up even when i am really sleepy.  going to bed early helps.  with work in full swing most of my energy is drained end of day.  i've been a really big fan of walking lately.  about 4 miles a day is a nice number for me.  it also makes my tummy feel good which is nice.  the doc says i may need to stop crunching and bouncing within the next couple weeks so i will have to supplement my exercise with some other things like walking :)  i really have this urge to start swimming....hum....wonders if they have a pregnancy water aerobics class....will have to check that out.


eating:


juice has been a good friend of mine.  i never liked orange juice before and now that is all i ever want to drink along with grapefruit and apple.  i have also found my appetite has increased and i am more interested in veggies, carrots, and salads then i was for a few weeks.  also sandwiches with tuna, turkey, or cheese make me very happy.  i have been craving peanut butter milk shakes....hum....may have to find me one :)


other:

today i was reading an article about changes in hospital procedures from the past.  how you are required to bring the child home in a car seat where i was carried on my mothers lap.  in some states they have grants in place to provide car seats for parents who cannot afford them, in other states everyone receives one as an "extra" gift, but in some you need to have your own.  i don't really know the specific protocol here but i will of corse purchase one.  i did a drive by in walmart the other day looking at the "baby" section and i must say i am not a fan of all the pastel colors smirks.....i have done some online searching for ones that may work for me and my little one...the prices aren't bad but im an unclear about how long you use them.  it appears you use the infant seat for up to 20 lbs...maybe a year then you graduate to infant....not so bad :) i'm assuming you would stay with the same brand so you can convert easier to a toddler seat? anyone? still confused...oh well :)


$250  Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP
(what does all that mean LOL)

$130 Graco Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat


$140 Combi Shuttle Car Seat - Papaya

$400 Orbit Baby Car Seat
(i think this rotates and can be clipped in stroller..very high)

$250 Maddie's Closet
(just for the cover....oh my)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey it's Amy (Kaleidoquin) from Townsquare.

I am loving reading your blog. ;)

Your craving for a peanut butter milkshake made me think of the Peanut Butter Moo'd from Jamba Juice. It's super yummy and healthy too.